Orchard Valley Counselling Services has counselling services that can help with many issues from anxiety to domestic violence and everything in between, that may be bothering you. Our trained counselling professionals are here to help.
Are you feeling stressed out, anger, sadness, confusion, depressed or vulnerable? Individual counselling in Kelowna and West Kelowna can help with:
- Relationship and emotional issues while supporting you through challenging times.
- Loneliness or overwhelmed by life circumstances, individual counselling in Kelowna and West Kelowna can support you and help you to untangle and understand your responses and reaction to various situations and individuals.
- Individual counselling can be a mechanism for change or can assist you to alter or accept difficult situations.
Individual Counselling can include:
- Marriage & Couples counselling
- Relationship counselling
- Grief and loss counselling
- Dealing with the results of domestic violence, physical, emotional abuse, bullying or harassment, either recent or in childhood
- Personal Development and Wellness – by understanding what you feel, what you want, and how you want your life to be
- Burnout and stress
- Anxiety and Depression
- Work related emotional distress
- Coping with ongoing illness and physical conditions
- Enhancing a quality of life
- Major life changes
- Anger and stress
- Communication issues
- Self-esteem and confidence
What does Individual Counselling involve?
Individual Counselling will help you to make sense of various long-standing patterns of thinking and behaviour, increase your understanding, and tackle unhelpful patterns, working towards valuable change. Individual Counselling sometimes needs to explore the root of a problem, rather than focus only on the symptoms. Individual Counselling can identify intensely held beliefs, frequently unconscious, beliefs or outlook that can impact on the concern which is an important component of wellness and self awareness.
What can I expect from Individual Counselling?
Everyone’s experience with individual counselling depends on their unique requirements but we look at examining the strengths of each person seeking assistance to tailor therapy to their specific situation. For this reason, each individual counselling experience is distinctive just as every individual is unique.
How can I get the most out of Individual Counselling?
- Clarify and define your goals, and/or what you hope to get out of the experience.
- Think about how you feel about the individual counselling relationship and is there a connection with your counsellor or social worker
- Fully participate in the process because that’s when you will get the most out of it
- Examine what is most important to you
- Express your emotions honestly and learn to recognize them
- Be kind, patient, and gentle with yourself during the process
- Ask questions and be curious about the answers
Individual Counselling provides:
Individual Counselling provides a safe haven in our Kelowna, and West Kelowna offices for you in times of challenge and change. It’s a safe place where you can divulge your difficulties, your deepest thoughts and feelings with a non-judgemental and caring individual.
Orchard Valley Counselling Services aspire to provide safe, supportive and confidential counselling in a relaxing setting allowing you to discover who you have been, who you are today and who you may want to be.
What can I hope to gain from individual counselling?
- Improved Quality of Life – you don’t need to struggle alone anymore
- Personal Development and Growth – more self-awareness about your thoughts, feelings and behaviour
- Become Free of Burdens and Constant Rumination – by understanding and becoming awareness of any reoccurring patterns or behaviours
- Confirmation of Your Feelings – feel validated and supported in your efforts to make healthy changes in your life
- Empowerment – Manage your symptoms of distress to evade a setback
- Healing Safely – guidance in attaining your goals and healing with the “circle of care” model of support
You can make the “Choice to Change” with Orchard Valley Counselling Services which aim to provide you with safe, supportive and confidential individual counselling services in a relaxing setting while permitting you to explore who you have been, who you are and who you may want to be.
The benefits of counselling include an improved self-awareness and understanding of yourself and others. This enhances self-esteem, and becomes reflective in your personal relationships. Life feels more enjoyable and fun! You feel better about yourself and who you are.